A-LEX-ANDER THE GREAT, "Visual Electronic Press Kit"

A-LEX-ANDER THE GREAT - EPK from A-LEX-ANDER THE GREAT on Vimeo.

The official visual Electronic Press Kit of A-LEX-ANDER THE GREAT

Most recent project "LEXhibit A” available here: https://listen.lt/ALEXANDERTHEGREATLEXhibitA

Bio...

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
A-LEX is an internationally acknowledged artist who has made many televised appearances including BET's 106 & Park numerous times performing many of his original songs. A-LEX & his music are accepted in a wide range of cultures; he has performed everywhere from PR Day Festivals to the Nigerian Entertainment Awards. He’s also featured on many websites (YouHeardThatNew.com, Soundclick.com, BET.com, etc) & radio stations. He has recorded & graced stages all across America & Europe. "He has been referred to as ‘The illest MC to come out of the Cypress Hills section of Brooklyn...’ A-LEX-ander The GREAT! His uncanny wordplay, witty punch lines & melodic choruses are both undeniable and infectious. He creates an emotional & energetic sound that is laced with introspective street tales rhythms with compelling changes & there is never a break or mistake in the music. A-LEX has a virtuosity rarely found in today's music industry. He displays professionalism, enthusiasm, charisma & an unmatched work ethic. He is constantly on the grind & is a force to be reckoned with in the hip-hop music scene... and has the dynamics and talent to make it in today's cutthroat industry!" -Talent Agency

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A-LEX-ANDER THE GREAT plays "$lick" in #GrindTheSeries (Webseries)

As of May 7th, I was casted to play a character in a new webseries called "Grind". I was originally told by one of the writers at the time (my dude Q The Prophet, artist/minister I've met about a decade ago [about 2005] back when I first started running around the my city's underground scene doing shows, etc.) to audition for what was supposed to be the lead role of Elijah (Rapper with one foot still in the street). He sent me the script ahead of time and everything. I might have been the only one who already had the script at the auditions. After getting there another cat who goes by the name of Dre Rumble (another artist/minister) was in there killing the audition right before I got there. Needless to say they casted him, immediately. I still went in and did my thing not too long afterwards. They decided they wanted me on the show, but didn't have any characters for me. So they decided to create one for me. The director (Extreem, Award-winning director and Owner of What'z Really Hood DVD) sort of type-casted me (lol). Said he liked my look, then asked me if I knew any scammers, because I looked like one. lol I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or disrespect at first, but because scammers are the new drug dealer (80s/90s reference), I figured he meant it in a good way. He then began to tell me how he wanted a scammer in the series. On the spot his son came up with a name; "Jeremy aka J-Cash". I decided to add my own lil' slanguage to it and call him "Cent sign to the A, Dollar sign to the H."... After a couple of months, they decided to change the name to "Slick". Needless to say I decided to change the S to a Dollar sign. Tried to be somewhat creative, being that I was really a fan of the new name. it is what it is though. I wasn't a fan of either name really, but "$lick" even more basic. lol Either way, I'm just happy to be apart of the cast. We actually started filming over the last 2 months or so, and finally have landed a date for the Season Premiere - November 4th! Mark your calenders!

No comments:

Post a Comment